Luke Bilyk decided to take some time out of his schedule to give everyone here at Team Degrassi Society an interview so hope you enjoy
1. Fans raved about Drew before season 10 started, then disliked him in the Riley conflict, then loved him for trying to protect Adam, then disliked him again. How do you feel about the see-saw approach to Drew's character and are there any changes that you hope Drew makes by the time he graduates?
I feel because Drew is the type of person who is good, but makes bad decisions, it makes sense for the fans to be see-sawing. This lets me play Drew as two different characters – the nice loving brother and the cheater who gets boilers from other girls. I do hope that by the time Drew graduates he will be able to make the right decisions the first time around and not to have to get caught in order to learn.
2. What do you like to do in your spare time when you are not filming?
Since I am home schooled, I am home a lot! On my leisure time I usually play Hockey. I also enjoy my time making music in the recording studio with Jordan Francis. I do hang out with my older sister Christina a lot too!
3. Back in November you had your successful birthday bash. Whose idea was it to throw this party and do you see something similar happening for your 17th birthday bash?
Well I would like to take all the credit for it, but it was my sister Christina’s original idea, I agreed and thought it was a great idea to have the fans included. I would definitely love to do the same thing for my 17th but I guess we will have to wait and see.
4. Is there another character on the show that maybe you feel that you can relate to the most?
No not really but if I had to pick I would pick Sav in having parents who are strict.
5. Is there any advice that you have for those out there who may want to perhaps be the next star on Degrassi?
I would say it is an awesome experience and that learning and growing is the key to success. Study hard!
6. What can we expect to see from Drew in the rest of the season?
Drew experiments with drugs in these episodes. Let’s just say that it’s very animated if you know what I mean.
Questions from Twitter
7. BilykSquad – Who is your favorite musical group/singer?
I like Drake, L’il Wayne, Kanye West, Eminem and Lacrae.
8. cassi_degrassi -What is your funniest memory from set?
This didn’t really happen on set because we are always so busy but one day I had put a note on Munro’s car that said; “Sir, I am sorry I scratched your car and I will pay for the damages here is my number”. When he checked his car there was no scratches. He looked at his car for 30 minutes in the rain trying to find where this scratch was but there wasn’t any sign of one. He called that number and it was me – the prankster! Harmless fun really.
9. COURTandNIC – Most memorable fan encounter?
I think that would have to be at my 16th birthday party, I wasn’t expecting that many fans to come out!
10. ohhayjenn -What was the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done?
When I was in senior Kindergarten my mom caught me when she walked in during playtime, and saw me kiss a little girl! My mom said “Luke! What are you doing kissing her and where is the teacher?” It is embarrassing because I still know the girl to this day and everyone still talks about it!
Catch Degrassi every Friday at 9pm on Teenick and Much Music
Leave your thoughts about interview below